Saturday, February 21, 2009

A Tribute To Conan

"We're going on to this next gig and sometimes I read that it's time for Conan to grow up because he's going to 11:30, I assure you, that's just not going to happen."

That was Conan O'Brien last night as he said farewell to Late Night and it's final audience. I stayed up to watch the last show, and although it was sad (Conan did get choked up a bit while saying his goodbyes) it did only make me that more excited for him to come to L.A.

I am thrilled that he "won't grow up." The worst thing for him to do would be to change. Conan O'Brien is by far the funniest, most relate-able host in the biz, and moving to L.A. will only enhance his presence in the industry. After he takes over for Leno, you can pretty much cement him into television's all-time best. It will officially be "Conan O'Brien....SUPER STAR!"

Can you seriously imagine him in L.A.? He is going to tear up Hollywood Boulevard. I can already see him pulling on Chewbacca and hitting on Marilyn Monroe at Hollywood and Highland. Or how about Conan in Venice??? This is going to be great.

So Conan... I raise my glass to you buddy. This is to new, better times ahead right here in L.A. May the studios be full, the string dances be plenty and ...well...L.A, we're ready!!

There is a great tribute to Conan and his Late Night show on Youtube.

No comments:

Post a Comment