Tuesday, January 20, 2009

If There Is One Thing I Like About Obama, It's That...


Today was obviously historical on many accounts. I definitely want to congratulate Barack Obama and his family on such an amazing achievement as he took his oath of office this afternoon, and on the new President's speech that will clearly leave a lasting impression.

According to Akamai, today's inauguration was the 5th most watched event in internet history.

However, after all that being said, there really isn't any reason for me to go "Obama crazy" like most of the nation. He seems like a real, genuine man with high hopes and good intentions, but I don't think anyone can live up to that kind of hype. However, if there is one thing I like about Barack, it's the fact that he is a White Sox fan! (Apologies to those who were hoping for something more. Please feel free to return to your Facebook and Youtube)

For some reason the White Sox never get the love. The Cubs are horrible; they sell out the stands no matter what. The White Sox win the World Series; they don't even make the cover of S.I.! There is no other cross-town rivalry in sports like it. But here's a man that is now the head of our country, and he's a true south sider, throwing out first pitches during ALCS games. Beautiful. Plus it's better than Bush's Texas Rangers... Pa-leeease.

So there's my White Sox rant from a big White Sox fan.

Now! Going back to the usual, here is some of the crazy out of control "Obama hype" I was talking about earlier that still will not cease to astound me.


Really? An Obama Pizza? Creative, Yes. A little obsessive? Probbbbably. Out of control.

And what's with the George Washington comparison? I don't even know where to go with that. I just know that it's, again, out of control. Plus, it's a little on the creepy side.

I am all about Hope though as well. And I Hope you leave your thoughts.

Go Sox!

No comments:

Post a Comment